Friday, August 8, 2008

No art news today, just - Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, tonight my husband and I, along with several friends are going to a concert featuring the Acadiana Symphony Orchestra fronted by a rock band covering Led Zeppelin. My husband and I caught this concert last summer at the spur of the moment. My husband didn't want to go because he thought it would be 'lame'. Quote, "I don't want to hear some orchestra playing Led Zeppelin, how can it be any good? It's probably going to be lame." Well, I said "We're going, tough shit." It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Let me give you a little history, now I'll be telling my age, but so what. The way my husband got me to go out with him back in Feb. 1975 was that he had 2 tickets to the Led Zeppelin "Physical Graffiti" tour. That was our first official date, I was 17 and he was 21. I fell in love with him at that concert, and we have been together ever since.

Well, this concert was so awesome that I said if they ever do it again, we're going again, and it's TONIGHT!!!!!!! I'm so excited, you could close your eyes and swear you were at a Zeppelin concert. They have a great light show and the music is so rich and full, it just envelopes you. I believe this rock group tours the country and performs with local symphony orchestras. I think it's called the Led Zeppelin Experience. If you ever get a chance to go to one, I highly recommend it. Especially if your a Led Head.

I wish the remaining members of Zeppelin, Plant, Page, John Paul Jones and Bonham's son (I can't remember his name, but he's a bad drummer, just like his dad) would do a U.S. reunion tour. I know last year in Nov. they did a concert in London where you had to put your name in a lottery in able to purchase tickets. We did, but our names weren't drawn. But, if they ever do a reunion tour here in the States, I'm going. I don't care how much or how far, I'm there.

Gotta go and get ready, 'Til next time.

Kat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them!