Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

Well, as I've probably stated in past posts, I'm in South Central Louisiana, basically Lafayette and Gustav has us in his cross hairs.

We - my husband, son, and myself are staying. We are boarded up, stocked up, fueled up and ready. Our house is pretty sturdy and we are 25 miles inland and 25 feet above sea level (unlike N.O. which is below sea level). I'm sure we are going to be OK but it's going to get pretty dicey here in the next 12 to 18 hours. I'm worried about tornadoes.

We have 2 generators in the likely hood that we will lose power. At least I can run my refridgerator and maybe a small window unit. It gets pretty stifling hot here in South Louisiana and it seems to be more so after a hurricane passes. I think the storm sucks up all the air and brings it with it, so after it passes, it is so still, hot and muggy.

Well my husband has me doing some more chores, bringing in plants. So I'll write some more later.

Kat

No comments: