Saturday, July 26, 2008

More About Art, Fabric, Time and Just Ranting in General

Hello out there. I just realized that I haven't posted anything in about 2 weeks or so. I read somewhere that if you want your blog noticed, you should post everyday. OMG, everyday!!!!!! What would I say, Hello, Goodbye? And, who has the time? Sometimes I don't know if I'm an artist or someone that spends way too much time posting art and updating art on umteen different art sites. It's very time consuming. I really think I have to pick a few good ones that get alot of traffic and stick with them. Like 3 or 4 sites, not 10 like I have now. I want to paint and create not constantly update and check-in with all these different web sites.

Anyway, I've done a few pieces incorporating fabric and I'm not thrilled with them. They are OK. I'm going to post them here and see if I can get any input from anyone who may possibly view them. I have a blog counter, but I don't know if it's working correctly. I've gotten comments, but the counter doesn't show that the person leaving the comments visited my blog. What's up with that? Anyway, (forgive me, I start alot of my sentences with anyway) these are the acrylic and mixed media fabric pieces that I just finished.

This one is called "Bridging the Gap":





and this next piece is yet unnamed:





Now that I've seen this second piece through the lens of a camera, I think I like it alot better. I think I'm done with this one.

Maybe I need to take pictures of my work as I'm doing it to get a different perspective of the piece. I'm sure other artists do this. Or, when I get stuck on a piece and don't know if I'm finished or not, take a picture of it and down load it to get a better idea of where to go with it. Yet again, another time consuming thing to do that involves the computer.

I'm done for today, I'm burnt out sitting at this computer and want to paint. Til next time. (I'll leave a quote for this blog later.)

Kat

No comments: