Friday, August 22, 2008

Old New Art and de Kooning

It's been awhile since I've written anything. I guess I've been thinking does anyone read this? Why bother? Well, maybe one day someone will and I guess I just want to bring whoever up-to-date. Basically bring my art up-to-date on this blog. Just what the title says, 'Old New Art'. It's pieces that I painted earlier this year, so it's old to me, but it's new to my blog.

All of these pieces were inspired by Willem de Kooning. He was a contemporary of Jackson Pollock and was part of the Abstract Expressionism movement in New York in the 40's and 50's. I love his work, the boldness, the color, the craziness of it. To me he painted like he was angry at the canvas. I really love that period in art.

Well, I really can't think of too much to say this evening, I just get to the art.

Photobucket
This piece was the first one I did in the de Kooning style. It is called 'Breakthrough". It was done with acrylic on a 16x20 canvas.

Photobucket
This piece is called 'Chatter' and was done on a 11x14 canvas. I did incorporate some colorful fabric into the painting which was mostly done in acrylic.

tropical fish
This is one of my favorite pieces that I think I'm going to keep. It is so colorful and cheery. I actually did this one in about 20 minutes on a sheet of 12x16 paper canvas. I named this one 'Tropical Fish'.

I hope you like these pieces. Til next time.

Kat
- Fear eats the soul.

No comments: