Sunday, August 31, 2008

News from the front lines of Gustav

Well, it is the calm before the storm. Literally.

It's 10:30 p.m. here in Lafayette and it will probably start getting ugly sometime overnight, last through the day tomorrow and into tomorrow night. The next few days are going to be interesting to say the least. Especially since the eye is supposed to pass over Lafayette. Scary.

I thought I'd write a little while I could and I'll keep this blog up-to-date through the storm - as long as I have power.

Like I stated, it's really calm and still here right now. Sorta eerie. The funny thing though is the hummingbirds. I left my feeders out on my patio, protected by a substantial porch and attached to the inside of a large cypress post, and they are not letting up on the feeders. But all the other birds were very quiet this evening. Lafayette is like a ghost town. Everything boarded up, businesses as well as homes. A lot of people here have stayed, but are staying in just waiting. That's the hardest part, waiting and not knowing what's going to happen. It's really nerve wracking. Well, since nothing is really happening right now (but it's coming) I'm going to sign off and check back in tomorrow.

Hey, after this my tag 'No Fear Art' will have new meaning. Til tomorrow.

Kat

I did an abstract that I called "Eye of the Storm", I'll post it tomorrow if I can.
Well, I'll try now.



There, that's "Eye of the Storm". I actually did this piece about 10 days ago and it reminded me of the ragged look of hurricanes from the satellite images that you see. Little did I realize that it was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

No comments: