Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Why 'No Fear Art'?

Good morning all!

I just went back and read my previous blogs and realized that I never explained why I use the term 'No Fear Art' when everywhere else (e-Bay, Etsy, MyArtSpace, FineArtAmerica, web site, etc.) it is just Kat Crosby Art. Well. . . awhile back someone left a comment for me on a piece, I believe it was 'It's a New Day' (posted in a previous post). They said that I use color, placement and objects obviously without fear. Well, I was a little taken aback by that comment, but then realized that it was meant as a compliment and so embrace it. Thus, 'No Fear Art' was born.

The ironies of my journey into this realm of art and painting and putting it 'out there' is:

- I'm fearless, yet afraid
- I'm an outsider artist, who wants to be on the inside
- I want to do ugly art that is pretty and colorful
- I want to show everyone, yet no one
- I'm passionate about my work, yet get so depressed.

Just last night, as I was falling asleep, I was thinking about my art (as usual), but those seeds of insecurity and self-doubt crept in and my thoughts went to 'Why am I doing this? I suck. How can I possibly show anyone my work face to face? (It is so much easier on-line, your insulated.) I should just give it up. But, I can't and won't. I'll just keep on keeping on.

Well, I sorta write down and collect quotes and sayings that I read and pick up here and there. I think from now on, I will end each blog with a different quote. Instead of 'quote of the day', it will be 'quote of the blog'. (I know, I have a nerdy sense of humor.) One of my favorite quotes is "Fear repeals abundance rather than attracting it." So, that is my quote for this blog.

No posting of paintings today, maybe tomorrow or the next. Take care til then.


Kat
"Fear repeals abundance rather than attracting it." - author unknown

No comments: