Monday, July 14, 2008

Quilting, Fabric and Art

I'm torn - no pun intended. I don't know if I want to quilt or paint or create art with fabric. I'm having a Sybil moment or more like a Sybil week or month.

My first artistic outlet was in the form of making quilts. I love fabric. These are some of the quilts that I've made:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm itching to do more, but they are so time consuming, especially the quilting part. And, I love planning the layout, picking the fabrics and piecing them together so much better than the actual quilting.

I do have some ideas for little girls quilts, which wouldn't be so time consuming, since they would be smaller. I also have some ideas for some artwork incorporating fabric.

Like I said, I feel like Sybil. I have creativity ADD. I'm jumping from one style to the next, one medium to the next. I think right now, I'm working on little girls quilts, a mixed media and acrylic piece of art, a reg. piece of art and a piece of art that just uses fabric, no paint. I know that my work probably suffers, because I'm jumping from one piece to the next. When I get bored with one, I move onto another. Do other artists do this? I know I've heard other artist's say 'I just work on one piece at a time.' or 'I just do what I know will sell.' I can't do that, I've got to love what I'm doing, or I'm not doing it.

Well, that's all for today. I've got some other on-line projects to do, then onto trying to get into my creative mode.

Oh, by the way, my .99 auctions are ending tonight. Looks like a few might sell, but not for much. I guess my little experiment back-fired. (Pitiful little laugh)I guess I know what my art is worth. Oh well, I won't be discouraged. Like my statement says, 'It takes courage to have confidence despite it all.'

I quess that can be my quote for this blog even though I have that in my blog statement. Til next time . . .

Kat

No comments: