Thursday, May 29, 2008

Funky Quilt Art

Hello everyone, this is a piece I did awhile back which draws heavily on my past quilting experience. It's somewhat of a collage done like a quilt with pieces of painted paper canvas built upon a black painted gallery profile canvas.

My first artistic outlet was creating quilts, but I found I liked picking the colors and fabrics and putting them together in a creative colorful way better than doing the actual quilting and finishing.

This piece is taking that geometric piecing and doing it with paper and paint. It is very colorful and was fun to do. It is called 'Funky Quilt Art' and is 12" x 12".

Funky Quilt Art

If interested in this piece, please contact me through this site, my e-mail or at www.katcrosbyart.com

Thanks for looking and hope you like my work. Til next time.

Kat

No comments: