Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Post - May 15, 2008

Hi everyone, a little bit about me. I'm a self-taught artist from South Louisiana. I was born and raised in New Orleans and that fabulous ecclectic city has shaped who I am. I have lived in South Louisiana all my life, but have traveled extensively.



I started out doing small pieces of art, mostly ACEO's, but have moved on to bigger pieces. I have sold alot on e-Bay, but want to move onto other venues. I find e-Bay is not too art friendly and there doesn't seem to be a market for my style of art.

Here are a few of my early pieces:

Photobucket
This is a small chunky piece that is 4 x 4 x 1.25 called "Emerald City".

lolli pop art
This is another small chunky piece that measures 4 x 4 x 1.25. "Lolli Pop Art". This is a fun colorful piece.

Photobucket
Another 4 x 4 x 1.25 called "Dueling Sunflowers". This is a really cool piece where the sunflowers continue onto the sides of the canvas - wrap around art. This piece was painted outdoors sitting in my backyard on one of those beautiful early fall days on a Friday afternoon having a cocktail. It was a fabulous day and I wanted to capture the crystal blue sky contrasting with the warmth of the sunflowers.

That's all for this evening. Till next time.

Kat

No comments: