Friday, September 26, 2008

Getting back on track

Boy have I neglected this blog. I have nothing to blame but laziness and sometimes I'd just rather do other things - like painting.

I started a oil painting class and it is so different from acrylics. I'm really liking it though. I finished my first piece, it's a contemporary interpretation of figs.




I really like it, I have it in my kitchen.

Also, I'm networking with some other, or I should say a lot of other artisans from throughout Louisiana. We all have our work on http://www.etsy.com. If you're not familiar with etsy, it's a website that sells all things handmade. It's really a cool site and you should really check out the LArtisans. I'm sure the official site is http://www.lartisans.etsy.com, this will bring you to a list of all the talented people who belong to our group and their wares. We make and sell everything from jewelry, candles, soaps, clothes for women and children, original artwork, natural mineral make-up to just about everything. You really should check it out.

Anyway, that's it for today. I'm going to try to post less and more often and each time post a piece of my work (which is why I started this blog, to promote my artwork!).

Well, til next time.

Kat

"The purest and most thoughtful minds are those that love color the most." - John Ruskin (English Art Critic)

No comments: