Thursday, June 12, 2008

Napa, Painting, Reading

Well I'm back from my vaca, and glad to be home. It was a wonderful trip and can't wait to go back with my husband and good friends.

Napa is absolutely beautiful and the weather was fabulous, so different from this South Louisiana 90 degree temperatures with 80% humidity. I could have a spent a few more days there, but was still glad to come home. I'm sort of a homebody and love just hanging around home, doing little chores, gardening, pampering my pups and painting. But, every now and then, I need an adventure to get me out of my comfort zone. Plus, it's good to experience other places, people and create lasting memories that can never be taken away. I'm an uneasy traveler, but I do realize that travel, especially with family, is so rewarding and leaves such a lasting impression and really brings family closer.

I can't wait to get back to painting. I did finish one today, that I had started before my trip, but haven't taken pics yet, so it's not ready to post. I need to get back into the painting mindset. I've just been catching up with laundry, grocery shopping, doctor's appointments, etc. (ya think my husband or kids would do that while I was gone? Right.)

Also, I started reading this great book on the plane trip home and can't put it down. It's cutting into my painting time. It's "The Gold Coast" by Nelson DeMille. It's "the Great Gatsby" meets "the Godfather". It's an oldie but goodie book that has been laying around and I never got around to reading. It takes place in '88 or '89 and was published in '90. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the "Sopranos", so Mr. Bellarosa, a character in the book, who is the head of the N.Y. crime family, in my mind IS Tony Soprano. Great book, I can't put it down. I highly recommend it.

In art news, I'm in the process of setting up my own web-site to showcase my art along with this blog. I'm going to keep my e-Bay store for a little while longer, I had my first really big sale from my e-Bay store the day before I left on my trip from a return customer, yea!!!!! So, I better keep things as is for now. But I will keep you informed of domain names, etc. I'm still trying to work things out with EBSQ art who I had my domain name registered with and am waiting for them to free it up so I can use it for my own site that will be set up through another art hosting site, that I think will be a bit more professional. Anyway, I'm itching to get back to my book. Take care and. . .

Til next time, Kat

No comments: